Do you want to add subtitles to a video with Arabic audio? Or would you like to caption English audio in Arabic? Some video editing softwares allow you to add subtitles in different languages, but the formatting of Arabic can be incorrect, or certain characters are not supported. Creating and sharing non-English language media can be frustrating, but there are a couple convenient ways for you to edit your videos for an Arabic or international audience!
In this article, I’ll go over two ways you can add Arabic subtitles to a video using a free online video editing tool called Kapwing. Kapwing is convenient, easy to learn, and gives you the capabilities of a high-powered video editing software. To add Arabic subtitles to your video, you’ll need just three easy steps:
- Upload Your Video to Kapwing
- Add Your Arabic Subtitles
- Edit, Publish, and Share!
Step 1: Upload Your Video to Kapwing
With Kapwing, you can upload, edit, and publish videos from pretty much any source. You can find the video you want to add subtitles to by looking on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, or another online source. Once you’ve found your video, copy its link. For instructions on copying your video’s link, check out Kapwing’s tutorials linked above. Or, instead, you can use a video that you recorded yourself or that you’ve saved on your device! If you’re using a video that you have saved or recorded, make sure you know where it’s located in your file browser.
With the video or link in hand, head over to Kapwing.com and click “Products.” This will show you the full menu of Kapwing’s editing tools. Near the top of the page you’ll find the “Subtitler” tool. This takes you to Kapwing’s streamlined, easy-to-use subtitling tool. From here, you can click “Upload” to find a video that you have saved on your device, or you can paste the video link that you copied earlier.
Step 2: Add Your Arabic Subtitles
Once you’re in the Kapwing Subtitler, you have two options:
1. Enter your subtitles manually! This is the most reliable option for subtitling your video, and Kapwing’s manual subtitling function is optimized for both personal and professional use. The first subtitle is added for you, so you can add your subtitle’s text and trim the beginning and end of it to match the video’s audio! Once you’ve finished your caption, just click “Add Subtitle” to move on to the next line. Kapwing will automatically begin the next subtitle at the end of the one before it, so your captions can follow your audio smoothly.
The Kapwing Subtitler tool will work with Arabic keyboards as well as English ones, so whether you want to caption Arabic audio in Arabic, English audio in Arabic, or Arabic audio in English, your subtitles will appear just the way you want them to!
2. You can also use Kapwing’s Subtitle Auto-Generator, and let the Subtitler tool work its magic. From the Subtitler tool, just click “Auto-Generate,” select your language and dialect, and click “Auto-Generate” again! Kapwing will do all the work for you, transcribing you video’s audio and setting the subtitle timing to align with the speech. Since this feature is still in beta, you should make sure the speech in your video is clear and easy to understand.
Once Kapwing has auto-generated the subtitles, you can scroll through them to modify the text and timing of each one, just like when you add subtitles manually.
It’s important to note that if you want to make subtitles in a language that is different from your audio, the subtitle auto-generator is not able to translate. For example, if you want to add Arabic subtitles to a video with English audio, you can use the auto-generator to create English subtitles, but you’ll have to translate them to Arabic yourself.
Step 3: Edit, Publish, and Share!
You’ve just added Arabic subtitles to your video! Now, just click “Create” in the lower left-hand corner of the Subtitler window. Kapwing will export your video and allow you to download, edit, or copy your subtitled video, as well as open it in the Kapwing Studio.
If you want to make any other edits, it’s a great idea to click “Open in Studio.” Here, you can trim, crop, mute, adjust brightness, add blur, and use all the editing tools that Kapwing has to offer! Once you’re done editing, you can click “Publish,” which will export your video again and allow you to download, edit, and copy your video with all your new edits!
Now that you’ve learned about one of Kapwing’s convenient international media editing functions, check out our other tools and tutorials! We’re constantly publishing new features and tutorials to help our users get the most out of Kapwing and keep up with our product updates.
And be sure to tag us @KapwingApp whenever you share your Kapwing creations on social media – we love to see what our creators are passionate about!