When you watch a video on YouTube, you might want to trim out or share a short section with our friend instead of using the whole video. Here are some examples:
- Highlights: Spread the word about a hilarious or unbelievable moment, like when LeBron walked out of a press conference.
- Video memes: Add a caption to a short clip that expresses a feeling or circumstance
- Cut out the intro: Shorten a clip to the relevant section without an extended intro.
In this article, I’ll describe the easiest way to cut out a segment of a YouTube video using a free, online tool called Kapwing.
Kapwing allows you to import the video directly from a YouTube link, cut out a section, and download the shortened MP4. You can share, save, and use the trimmed video your own creations. Kapwing is a free website, so you won’t need to install any software to use it, and you can access it from your phone or computer.
How to cut out a section of a YouTube video
1) Copy/paste the link to the YouTube video
Copy the URL of the YouTube video you want to cut. Then, open the Video Trimmer and paste the URL. Kapwing will automatically import your video from YouTube.
2) Choose the section you want to trim
Move the start and end time sliders to select the section of the video you want to include. The preview will show you what your output clip will look like. Once the preview looks right, click “Create” to process the trimmed section.
3) Download and share
Once the video has processed, you can download the clipped section to share on social media, message to friends, use in your own videos, save, or make into a meme!
Hope this video helps you share YouTube video highlights with the world. Happy trimming!