The internet is packed with an infinite amount of content. Everyday, we scroll past thousands of pictures and videos as we peruse through social media platforms. Now what if you want to save or share some of this content? Unfortunately, you often cannot download videos straight from the site it is on.
Downloading content is not as difficult as it may seem, though. I’m going to show you how you can easily download a video from anywhere on the internet with only the link. This includes videos from your favorite platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, and more.
The video types that will work within the converter tool include:
- AVI: Found on YouTube and TikTok
- FLV: Found on YouTube and Facebook
- WMV: Found on YouTube and Facebook
- 3GP: Found on Facebook
- MOV & QT: Found on Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Facebook
Step One: Copy the Link of the Video You Want to Download
Depending on the site or platform you are on, there are a few ways to retrieve the link for a particular video.
For YouTube, TikTok, or Twitter: Click on the arrow button located at the bottom right side of the video. From there, it will either show you the direct URL link you can copy or will have a “copy link” option.
For Instagram or Facebook : Click on the three-dot button on the top right of the video and then select the copy link option.
Step Two: Paste the Link of the Video in the Kapwing Converter Tool
Head on over to Kapwing.com or log onto the Kapwing app and select the “Tools” section. Once you are there, you are going to click on the “Convert Video” tool. Paste the URL link of the video and select the format you want it downloaded as! Here’s a breakdown of your options:
- MP4: Universal video format that includes audio, video, and text. You can trim the video if desired! Simply click the “Trim” button.
- MP3: Only used for audio.
- JPEG: Photo. You can choose the frame from the video that you would like saved.
- GIF: Animated images. Select a few seconds of the video to convert to an animated picture.
Once your link is pasted, your format is chosen, and you’ve made any desired adjustments — click “Create!” Now, let Kapwing do all the heavy lifting.
When Kapwing is done converting, select the download button (or press on the video for a few seconds if using a smartphone) and the content will be uploaded to your device. On your computer, the file will be saved to your downloads folder whereas on your phone or tablet, it will go straight into your camera roll.