We're giving money to emerging content creators so they can make awesome stuff.
Head over to our official Creators Fund page to apply for the Summer 2021 application cycle, where we're giving $500 to 30 different creators.
This blog post contains information pertaining to the Fall 2020 application cycle, which is now closed. Learn more about the current application cycle here. Follow our YouTube channel and Twitter for more updates on the fund!
Fall 2020 application cycle details:
- Winners receive a prize of US $200
- Application deadline is December 21, 2020 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time
- Any creator aged 13+ years old can apply
- 100% of our YouTube channel revenue is going toward this fund. We currently have enough to award 32 creators, but the more YouTube revenue we earn, the more money we can give away (go subscribe to our channel and like/comment on our videos!)
What is the Kapwing Creators Fund?
A fund that we are giving away to content creators. Individuals can apply to the fund and if accepted will receive a one time payment of US $200.
Why are we doing this?
Kapwing exists to support creators. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve done this primarily through our online image, video, and GIF editing platform that empowers people to make and share their stories on the internet. We also understand the importance of creators supporting themselves financially, which is why we want to give back to creators in a new way: through the Kapwing Creators Fund.
Kapwing exists to empower creators, and this is one way we hope to lift creators up and help them make awesome content.
What can I do with the money?
Anything you like! We're especially interested in creators who can use the extra cash to advance their creative or entrepreneurial interests. Here's some things you can afford with $200:
- Equipment and supplies
- A small town billboard
- Some Facebook ads
- New business cards and pop sockets for your fans
- A new blazer or onesie
- An annual Kapwing Pro subscription
- Anything else your creative heart desires!
Who can apply?
Anyone aged 13 or older who creates image, video, or audio-based content can apply. This includes people making content for YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Pinterest, Byte, bloggers who create image/video based content, and other types of digital creators.
The only people who are ineligible to apply are individuals under 13 years old in addition to Kapwing affiliates, employees, and employees' immediate family members.
Where does the money come from?
We’re putting 100% of the revenue we earn on our YouTube channel into this fund. When we monetized our channel in April 2020, we did it with the intention of giving away the money we earned. We started out donating our YouTube revenue to a different non-profit each month but then realized: why not give money to creators? And that's how the Kapwing Creators Fund was born.
Help us give away more money to creators by subscribing to our channel and liking/commenting on our videos! The more support we get on our channel through video engagement and subscriptions, the more YouTube revenue we earn, and the more money we can give away through the fund – every $200 we make in YouTube revenue is another creator we can give money to.
How do I apply?
- Answer all the questions in this Google Form before December 21, 2020 at 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
- For the last question, use this template to make a video shorter than two minutes on Kapwing answering the question “Why should we sponsor you?” The video could be a recording of you speaking, a slideshow with text and/or a voiceover, or some other video format. Get creative with it! Just make sure you're answering the question within two minutes. At the end, export your video and paste the Kapwing URL to your submission in the Google Form.
Still have questions?
Contact us at [email protected] and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Rules of the Kapwing Creators Fund
No purchase is necessary to enter. Your chances of winning do not increase with a purchase. You can find the official rules of the Kapwing Creators Fund here.