Catch up on the newest Kapwing features and fixes to level up your editing workflow! In these Release Notes, we go over the latest changes to Kapwing, how to use new features, and any known issues. This page is updated with each Kapwing release which generally happens every two weeks. Receive notifications for new updates by subscribing on YouTube and following our Twitter!
New Features ✨
Keep people watching when you add animated subtitles to your videos. Edit the video transcript in one go and animate the subtitles with a single click! Start by auto-generating your subtitles in the Magic Subtitles tab, then choose a style on the right side under Animations.
Bug Fixes & Improvements 🛠
- Export 2 hour videos – you can now export videos up to 2 hours long with our Pro and Team paid plans. Upgrade and learn more here.
- Start from scratch with Magic Subtitles – you can now type out captions manually. Upload your video to the Magic Subtitles tab, then click the dropdown next to the Generate button to manually enter subtitles.
- Drag and drop to upload files in the Audio tab
Pricing Changes 💳
- Each workspace is now on its own plan – Previously, paid plans (such as the Pro Plan) were tied to a person's Kapwing account. This allowed them to use the premium features of that plan in all their Kapwing workspaces. You can still create and join multiple workspaces. However, starting this month, each one of these workspaces is on its own plan and needs to be upgraded individually. All workspace members enjoy the features of that plan. View our pricing FAQ to learn more.
- The Team Plan is now the only plan that provides premium features for workspaces with multiple members and is billed per workspace member. The Pro Plan provides premium features for one person workspaces. See our Pricing page to learn more about each plan.