Catch up on the newest Kapwing features and fixes to level up your editing workflow! In these Release Notes, we go over the latest changes to Kapwing, how to use new features, and any known issues. This page is updated with each Kapwing release which generally happens every two weeks. Receive notifications for new updates by subscribing on YouTube and following our Twitter!
New Features ✨
Smart Cut for Audio
Smart Cut now works for audio layers so you can remove silences in one click! Instead of trimming out the silences individually for podcast clips and voiceovers, simply upload your audio file and click on Smart Cut in the right edit menu. Silences will be removed automatically so you can focus on telling your story.
Text styles make it easy to add social media looking text to your projects. Whether you're adding your social media handle to a post or a TikTok style text box to your video, we've got you covered. Head to the Text tab and click to add your desired text style, then customize the content.
Bug Fixes & Improvements 🛠
- Add multiple waveforms to a project – you can visualize the sound waves from multiple audio or video layers by turning them into waveforms using the Waveform button in the Elements tab.
- Customize text outline color – choose any outline color you want for text! Add a text box and select the outline color on the right side edit menu.
- Click to switch workspaces – if you're a member of multiple workspaces, it's now easier to switch between them by clicking to navigate to a workspace on the left sidebar of your workspace.
- Workspace Settings is in the top left corner of the workspace now instead of the bottom left corner.
- Updated colors and icons in the editor – Kapwing has a new coat of paint! We updated the colors and icons for buttons around the editor.