50 Earth Day Instagram Captions for Nature Lovers
Explore the 50 Earth Day Instagram captions and quotes in this article then use one of our customizable templates to create your perfect Earth Day post.
Earth Day is the perfect day to share your love for nature and our planet on social media. Whether you’re posting pics from your beach clean up day or just giving a shout out to Mother Earth, you need the right caption.
Don’t worry. We’ve got you covered.
Check out the 50 Earth Day quotes and captions we’ve curated for you. You’ll also find a few templates that you can customize to make the perfect Earth Day Instagram post.
Best Earth Day Quotes for Instagram
Poets, scientists, artists, activists – people from all walks of life have been writing about the Earth for millennia. It’s our home, after all. Borrow their powerful words with one of these Earth Day quotes:
- “All good things are wild and free.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.” – Margaret Atwood
- “I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art anybody could ever want.” Andy Warhol
- “Going to the mountains is like going home.” – John Muir
- “Nature never did betray the heart that loves her.” – William Wordsworth
- “Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.” Khalil Gibran
- “Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.” – Rachel Carson
- “We cannot say we love the land and then take steps to destroy it for use by future generations.” – Pope John Paul II
- “What you take from the earth, you must give back. That’s nature’s way.” – Chris d’Lacey
- “We don’t inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” – David Brower
- “The earth is what we all have in common.” – Wendell Berry
- “He that plants trees loves others besides himself.” – Thomas Fuller
- “The world is not in your books and maps, it’s out there.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
- “Nature is a painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” – John Ruskin
- “The Earth is a fine place and worth fighting for.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “Man’s heart, away from nature, becomes hard.” – Chief Luther Standing Bear
- “Leave the roads; take the trails.” – Pythagoras
- “Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” – Carl Sagan
- “Being able to smell the fresh air and disconnect from the news and your phone – there’s nothing like it.” – Jason Ward
- “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery – air, mountains, trees, people. I thought, ‘This is what it is to be happy.’” – Sylvia Plath
- “The earth has music for those who listen.” – William Shakespeare
- “To save wildlife and wild places the traction has to come not from the regurgitation of bad-news data but from the poets, prophets, preachers, professors, and presidents who have always dared to inspire.” – J. Drew Lanham
- “If you truly love nature, you will find beauty everywhere.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
- “Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.” – Hans Christian Andersen
- “The greatest threat to our planet is the belief that someone else will save it.” – Robert Swan
- “Let every breath, every word, and every step make the mother earth proud of us.” — Amit Ray
Funny Earth Day Instagram Captions
It’s easy to get stuck doom scrolling on social media. If you prefer to keep it light this Earth Day, try one of these funny captions:
- Respect your Mother (Earth)! 😤
- There’s no place like home.
- Certified tree hugger.
- Live, laugh, love the Earth – it’s the only one we’ve got.
- Earth rocks – let’s keep it that way.
- This planet means the world to me.
- Don’t be a litterbug!
- Say thank you to your mother today. Mother Earth, that is.
- Save the bees (and the trees)!
- Save the earth – it’s the only place with chocolate/wine/whiskey!
Environmentalist Earth Day Captions
Earth Day is all about environmentalism and conservationism. If you want to use your platform to encourage people to take action and help save the planet, use one of these Earth Day captions or quotes:
- There is no Planet B.
- Treat every day like it’s Earth Day.
- Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.
- Plant a tree.
- Remember the kind of green that really matters.
- “Unless someone like you cares an awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” — The Lorax by Dr. Seuss
- Today’s a good day to plant a tree.
- Take only pictures, leave only footprints.
- We’re all in this together. Happy Earth Day!
- Stop, drop, and roll up your sleeves – we’ve got a planet to save.
- Love the earth as you would love yourself.
- “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need, but not every man’s greed.”— Mahatma Gandhi
- We’re all crew on Spaceship Earth.
We hope you’re feeling inspired. If you use one of our templates, tag us on Instagram, @kapwingapp, or use #MadeWithKapwing so we can see your Earth Day posts!Create content faster with Kapwing's online video editor →