How do you upload a file from your device?
1. You can click and drag your file into the upload box for file uploads.
2. Once the file has uploaded completely, you can edit your content!
1. Click "Upload" button or click inside the dotted box that says "Click to upload"
2. Select the file you would like to upload.
3. Double click the file or click "Open".
4. Once the file has uploaded complete, you can edit your content!
How do I upload files directly to my workspace?
Some users find it helpful to upload multiple files directly into their workspace to store them, or for easier access when creating their project. Uploading multiple files to your workspace is also helpful when you're collaborating with other people in the same workspace.
To upload files directly into your workspace,
- Click the "Upload" button in the top right corner of your workspace next to the "Share" button
- Drag and drop or click to select the file(s) that you want to upload
When you upload files directly to your workspace, the files will automatically be processed and published.
Since I uploaded files directly to my workspace, how do I upload them from my Workspace into my new Project?
- If you're starting a new project, choose to "Start with a blank canvas"
- Select "Upload" from the upper left hand corner of the canvas
- Select "Projects" from the upload pop up.
- Choose the file or project from your workspace that you would like to upload
What can be uploaded to Kapwing?
What video file types can be uploaded to Kapwing?
Currently we support .mp4, .mov, .webm, .mp3, .ogg, .avi, .3gp, .mpeg, formats. If there is a file type you would like to see supported, please fill out our feedback form.
How do I upload an image or video with a URL:
URLs of videos, GIFs, music, or images (eg. YouTube, Google Drive, Facebook, SoundCloud) can be uploaded to Kapwing. Linked content must be public or shareable. Make sure you have opened link sharing permissions so that Kapwing can import your file. If your link is not supported, you will receive an error message.
1. Copy the URL for the image / video
2. Paste URL into the given bar on each tool
3. Video should automatically load onto platform.
4. Once the video has uploaded completely, you can create your content!
We do not yet support imports from all websites. Have a website you want to import from that Kapwing doesn’t support? Let us know on our feedback form.
I have fast internet, how come it is taking so long to upload?
Most consumer internet services are designed to "download" data or load webpages faster than "upload" or send data. If you experience a fast internet connection in general, this is likely due to your internet's download speed. Kapwing requires that files are completely uploaded to our cloud servers before publishing, so please be patient! This is how we enable users to process videos without needing a powerful desktop computer.
Canceling your Upload :
If your upload appears to be stalled or stuck, you can cancel the upload and try again.
To cancel an upload in Studio:
- Look for the loading indicator.
2. Click "CANCEL".
Note: Clicking "X" will only hide the loading indicator, but not cancel the upload.
To Superimpose / Overlay / Layer / upload multiple images on one scene in Studio:
1. Select the scene that you would like to upload another layer onto
2. Click "Upload" from the upper left hand toolbar
3. Upload a file or Upload a link
4. Your new layer will show up on the right sidebar as another layer, you can then adjust, crop, or resize as needed.
The maximum upload size on Kapwing is 250mb for free users and 1gb for paid users.
Videos over 40 minutes cannot be processed on Kapwing.