Last Updated: April 22, 2022
Catch up on the newest Kapwing features and fixes to level up your editing workflow! In these Release Notes, we go over the latest changes to Kapwing, how to use new features, and any known issues. This page is updated with each Kapwing release which generally happens every two weeks. Receive notifications for new updates by subscribing on YouTube and following our Twitter!
New Features ✨
We revamped our transitions library! Now there are over 70 new transitions that you can add to videos or images to make the viewing experience smoother and more engaging for your audience. This includes cross-transitions that create flow between clips such as cross-dissolve and glitch in addition to single sided transitions like fade and reveal. Try them out here and learn how to use them in this article.
Bug Fixes & Improvements 🛠
- Record for longer – We made recording in Kapwing more reliable so you can now record up to 1 hour of footage on a computer and up to 15 minutes on Chromebooks.
- Select all layers in a row – Double click the row number on the left side of the editor to select all the tracks in that row.
- Easier layer duplication on mobile – We added a "Duplicate" button to the Kapwing editor on mobile so you can make copies of them in one click.
- See when content is loading from media library – When you add content from the media library, a loading wheel appears on the thumbnail to show it's in the process of being added to your project.
- Monthly Pro users can switch to Annual plan – Save more money for the year by changing from a monthly Kapwing Pro payment plan to the annual plan in your account settings.
- Fixed a bug so subtitles appearance on the canvas adjusts when the project aspect ratio is changed.