Last Updated: July 16, 2021
This page is updated with each Kapwing Release.
Updates to Adding Media Files
Google Drive and Google Photos Integration
Preparing and uploading media for a project can oftentimes be time consuming. Users can now save time by directly uploading from Google Drive and Google Photos.
To use this feature:
- Click Google Drive or Google Photos.
- Authenticate your Google account to connect it to Kapwing uploads.
- Select your media to directly upload from Google Drive or Google Photos.
Seamless Navigation between Video, Image, and Elements Tabs
The options are endless when it comes to what files can be added to a project! Now you can seamlessly navigate between the Video, Image, and Elements to search for the perfect asset to add to your project.
To navigate, select the icons on the left or the text above the search bar.
Add elements to your project to make engaging content! We have added more shapes, emojis, and plugins to help you customize and bring your content to the next level.
New Audio Sample Tracks
Audio can set the mood of a video so we've added free music tracks from Unminus.
To add a free audio track:
- Click the "Audio" icon to browse our selection of stock music.
Editing in the browser has its limitations and we are working on helping users preview drafts with accurate timing. To address this issue, videos that are larger than 360p will be automatically converted to a lower resolution for smoother playback in the editor.
Does this affect the quality of the video on Export? No! Only the preview may have reduced quality. The highest quality version will be used during Export.
After uploading, videos that are converted will show a loading indicator in the Media Library icon.
Hovering over the loading indicator will show a tooltip.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
July 7, 2021
- Fixed an issue where email address overlaps with the navigation bar.
- Fixed an issue where using Wipe Animation on text changes the text color.
- Fixed an issue where a subtitle that is added at the end of a scene has 00:00:00 start timestamp.
July 9, 2021
- Improved preview of frame thumbnails on the Timeline when zooming in and out.
Downloaded Files with Audio Sync Issues: Some users have reported that their files playback correctly after exporting in the browser, but on download, the file has some audio delay issues. This appears to primarily happen when opened on Windows devices using Windows Media Player. While our engineering team works to resolve the issue, note that if the exported file plays correctly in the browser, it will also play correctly when uploaded to browser based applications (YouTube, Instagram, etc). If you need to play your file on your local device, we recommend testing other devices or media players, like Quicktime.