To upload a file from your device:
1. You can click and drag your file onto the platform area for file uploads
2. Once the file has uploaded completely, you can edit your content!
1. Click "Upload" button or click inside the dotted box that says "Click to upload"
2. Select the file you would like to upload
3. Double click the file or click "Open"
4. Once the file has uploaded complete, you can edit your content!
Currently we support .mp4, .mov, .webm, .mp3, .ogg, and .mpeg formats.
To upload an image / video with a URL:
You can paste the URL of a video, GIF, song, or image (eg. YouTube, Google Drive, Facebook, SoundCloud) to import it into Kapwing. Linked content must be public or shareable. Make sure you have opened link sharing permissions so that Kapwing can import your file. If your link is not supported, you will receive an error message.
1. Copy the URL for the image / video
2. Paste URL into the given bar on each tool
3. Video should automatically load onto platform.
4. Once the video has uploaded completely, you can create your content!
We do not yet support imports from all websites. Have a website you want to import from that Kapwing doesn’t support? Let us know on our feedback form.
Canceling your Upload :
When you upload a file to Studio, you will see a loading bar. If your video or image is taking too long to upload or appears to be stuck, click the "X" to cancel the upload and try again.
To Superimpose / Overlay / Layer / upload multiple images on one scene in Studio:
1. Select the scene that you would like to upload another layer onto
2. Click "Upload" from the upper left hand toolbar
3. Upload a file or Upload a link
4. Your new layer will show up on the right sidebar as another layer, you can then adjust, crop, or resize as needed.
The maximum upload size on Kapwing is 250mb for free users and 1gb for paid users.
Videos over 40 minutes cannot be processed on Kapwing.